Due to the lack of water resources, the requirements for automation, informationization and visualization of the water industry have been increasing in recent years. Therefore, the Internet of Things has a wider application in water systems and water supply equipment including municipal water supply, industrial water, sewage treatment, seawater desalination, water source monitoring, municipal water supply and drainage, and rainwater recycling. Through online on-site sensing devices such as data acquisition instruments and water quality water pressure gauges, the operational status is aggregated to the cloud computing server, and the massive water equipment information can be analyzed and processed in time to manage the water system in a more precise and dynamic manner. The entire production, management and service processes to improve production efficiency and reduce operating and maintenance costs, so as to achieve high efficiency, high energy and smart state.
The device IoT architecture can be divided into three layers: the data acquisition layer, the transport layer, and the application layer.
(1) Data acquisition layer
The data acquisition layer uses various sensors such as water turbidity sensor, water level sensor, water pressure sensor, etc.
To obtain various types of information of the equipment, collect data through the equipment console or a dedicated control box (PLC).
(2) Transport layer
The transport layer consists of various networks, including the Internet, wifi, broadband, telecommunications networks (4G LTE, UMTS, CDMA, GPRS), network management systems and cloud computing platforms. deal with the information acquired by the perception layer.
(3) Application layer
The application layer is the interface between the Internet of Things and the user. It combines with industry requirements to realize the intelligent application of the Internet of Things.
Value of smart water
Remote monitoring: realize intelligent identification, monitoring and management of water supply equipment and water treatment equipment, form online energy consumption diagnosis, water quality and water quality monitoring, remote dynamic monitoring
A complete system for equipment detection and monitoring; managing equipment in a more granular and dynamic manner to achieve an efficient, high-energy "smart" state
The integrated management of equipment safety, high efficiency, energy saving and environmental protection provides equipment manufacturers and equipment users with reliable data for water operation.
Meizo Networks R58 and R68 series Industrial 4G LTE router has been widely used in Smart Water IoT solutions. Meizo 4G Rugged Router offers stable network to ensure the whole system to be online all the time. The main functions of Meizo Industrial 4G LTE router is as following:
● Industrial grade design, 7*24h*365d continuous working
● Support public and private APN network
● ADSL(WAN port supports PPPOE, DHCP, Static IP) and 3G/4G backup. The router detects a network problem and fails over to a standby 3G/4G, ensuring the customer’s SLAs are upheld.
● Dedicated hardware and software watchdog are designed to support system running reliable.
● ICMP detection and Heartbeat detection ensure the router to be always on line.
● Reboot the router remotely via SMS.
● Incorporate Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), facilitating 3G/4G WAN backup services to existing fixed line routers, providing both WAN and router redundancy to critical business applications.
● Offers business grade security and advanced routing features IPSec (3Des and AES), L2TP, PPTP, GRE as standard.
● Low-voltage, over current, over voltage, anti-reverse protection
● Wide Power Input DC7-36V
● Standard RS232/485 interface to connect with serial devices.
● Router Factory Default Settings can be configured freely.
● System logs can be viewed from local or remote.
● Support WLAN(300Mbps 802.11b/g/n)
● Support SNMP v1/v2/v3
● LEDS for status monitoring (showing Power, System, Internet, VPN, Signal strength).
For more info about Meizo Industrial 4G LTE Router, please refer to: